Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Waitress For Strip Club Job

Books and reflections


Good heavens! It 's almost a life that I write a post!
have been very busy, actually. The work, of course, and then a "course of manga."
Last week there was, in a village near my city, an exhibition on Japan, with debates, projection Japanese films, exhibitions, and this course, organized by the "Manga Summer school". As soon as I came to know, I immediately recognized, even if I did not expect miracles: it was a course of 12 hours in three days, then one thing to pull off.
The first day was for me a bit 'boring, since the construction of mannequins for the face and the human figure is something they have enough iron (not that I'm not mistaken, at times, but the theory I know well), but then he talked about the layout, setting the table with pen and ink, so I can not complain. Above all, I was happy to breathe a little 'air-comics ", because nobody around me draw more.
I was alone.
What depresses me a bit ', to tell the truth. None of my friends seem more interested in drawing, for nothing. Now, I understand very well that the real world calls. It happens to me too. What I do not understand is the thing to set aside definitively abandon it completely (and, in some cases, I get irritated when I talk about it ... what kind of people!) As it has never been part of his life.
Well worse for them. And for me.
However, these days I have not dedicated solely to design, but also with the reading.
I just finished "Twilight " of Meyer. Late as always, since the phenomenon broke for a while. If, like me, you too are the laggards, I advise you not continue reading this post, as you will find some of the spoilers. But if you've already read, or do you not give a penis miss the very tasty novelty of this story, go ahead. Not that I have some kind of smart thing to say (they say very few and rarely ...), but maybe you will get a laugh.
The book is not bad, which does not mean that it is not even good . And 'certainly a commercial transaction without a glimmer of originality, aimed at a target adolescent. There are all the cliches that presage a successful operation: the sucker who grabs the cool school, first of all, then, the "bad boy" who redeems himself (ah, magic, MAGIC instinct nurse! How ?!?!); we would do without him and again, many good feelings, first love / first kiss and a bit of action. Uh, I was forgetting the main attraction: the vampires!
Now, the character she did not like it much.
Isabella Swan, also known as Bella, is a typical sucker for any story like this: clumsy, awkward, with an alarming tendency to fall. Now, this thing already, in itself, makes me raise an eyebrow, except that it may happen to be clumsy (I fall down the stairs with alarming frequency), the exaggeration is not very pleasant to me. How many people do you know who are not able to run without falling? I no. Even children fall so frequently as our Bella. I have often wondered, while reading, if not had any serious handicapped.
The second thing that made me turn up their noses is the fact that, until now, has refused all suitors sudden. Now, I can not be a psychologist, but I think if I was a sucker and nobody cagasse smear, being suddenly want to make me quite excited. Felice. Flattered. Something, in other words. She did not. Our Bella might be called "women's ice." The feelings in her last for a nanosecond. Unfortunately, she is the narrator of the book, and the feeling of coldness that I got was not very pleasant. In short, rejected.
Edward Cullen, the vampire, I liked it a lot more, especially since I found it much more human than I have found you (I'll be honest, I admit that even the mere fact that a vampire would be supernaturally beautiful enough to attract me), although, even for him, I have something negative to say is "vegetarian" and It 'a vampire that glitters!
Bad, very bad. I agree that they needed a gimmick to allow the two protagonists meet while explaining why he rifuggisse sunlight, but for Merlin, what the fuck is whether the vampire does not die with the sun?!?!
Well, Anne Rice has already debunked many myths about them (crosses, garlic, wooden stake ...), and he did it brilliantly, in my opinion, but here I think we're exaggerating! In short, it should be essential to maintain at least some of the main features,
not?
Besides, it's a little too good . Even Louis was so . Strongly prefer that the former maintain a bad mood by minimizing their bad boy, like Cole / Belthazor Witch (leaving aside the not insignificant fact that Julian McMahon is so sexy as to make me want to tear your pants with the nails of the feet).
In short, the book is not mind helping me. Nothing sensational, in fact, but quite nice, despite the many flaws. An undemanding read for all those who are not fans of the genre too.
And with this I leave you, I apologize in advance for writing, for sure, with his feet. Unfortunately my time at the PC is still too limited, and the time to write and read there, so I hope you close one eye. And now I go to dinner, my mother has called and if I start to scream.


0 comments:

Post a Comment